Thursday, September 30, 2010

The Power of Moms

I thought I'd share something I've found to be super helpful to me as a new mom.  I am a member of a Power of Moms learning circle.  It meets once a month, and there is an article to read before you go, which is discussed at the meeting, along with whatever tangents the group goes on.  It meets at a different member's house each month.  It has really been a great experience for me.  We vent about our struggles, give each other ideas about what works and doesn't work for us, and generally laugh ourselves silly.  If you've never heard of Power of Moms, check out their website at: http://powerofmoms.com.  You can start your own learning circle if you don't know of one in your area.  Our learning circle will be held at my house this month, so I'm looking forward to playing hostess (which I rarely do)!

Sorry for the testimonial.  On a completely different note, I got Ellie a Jumparoo since she's getting tired of her exersaucer.  (Thanks for the idea Hannah!)  It has taken her some time to warm up to it, but she's finally starting to figure out the jumping part.

"What are these contraptions for anyway, Mom? Aren't you supposed to be holding me right now?"

1 comment:

  1. That group sounds amazing! I'll definitely be looking into it. Thanks for passing that on. And I'm glad Ellie's liking her Jumperoo!

    ReplyDelete