Monday, July 18, 2011

Released!

I was released yesterday as primary music leader in my ward.  I've had that calling for about 4 years, so it is going to be weird not being the chorister anymore.  I loved singing with the kids.  They were fun and easy to teach.  I am definitely going to miss it.--I've been a little teary thinking about yesterday being my last Sunday in primary.  I got to work with some great primary leaders and teachers, and I'll miss those relationships too.  Not that I'm going anywhere.  I'll just get to enjoy Sunday School and Relief Society with the rest of the grownups that I need to get to know better.  It kind of came at a weird time, 2 weeks after Summer School and my play were over.  I was already kind of unsure of what to do with all of my free time.  Now I have even less responsibility.  Well, anyway, we have a fabulous new family in our ward and their mom is going to be the new primary music leader as well as the ward organist.  She will do a fabulous job and is very lucky to get to work with our primary kids.  I don't know if I'll be given another calling soon, or if I'll just get to enjoy being stress free for a while.

Okay, enough about that.  Here are some pictures from when mom visited right before the play:









This is an open invitation to all of my relatives: please come visit me if you get a chance!  We have plenty of room, and I'd love to have company.  While you are here you should see The Little Mermaid and Grease at Tuacahn--a really great professional outdoor theatre venue in St. George.  Mom, Grandma, Janell, Nicole, and my family loved The Little Mermaid!  Very cool show!  And, as always, there is a ton to do in Las Vegas if you want! 

As for my travel plans, right now I'm hoping to come to Utah at the beginning of August to go to the zoo and other museums and attractions that Ellie might enjoy.  I'm excited about that, but I should really get started on planning the trip. 

No comments:

Post a Comment