Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

Dave and the girls went skiing on New Year's Eve.  The temperature was below 10 degrees, and they froze their tails off.  I stayed home and snuggled with my baby.

Yesterday, I was thinking back over this past year.  It started out with a colicky baby and two very sleepy parents.  It ended with a ear-infection prone baby and two very sleepy parents.  But at least she is happy while she's awake, now.  Maybe 2011 will be a year with less sickness and more sleep.  Here's hoping!

I'm also looking forward to toddlerhood!  I can't wait to see Ellie take her first steps!  (She's standing for up to 10 seconds at a time, so I'm hoping she'll take off soon.)  I also can't wait for her to start talking more!  I love her little personality already, and can't wait to see it develop.  Being a mom is way, way, way more challenging than I thought it would be.  But I am totally smitten with my little cutie. 




1 comment: