Monday, August 9, 2010

Shauna and Rob's Wedding Celebration!

This past weekend, we went to Boise to celebrate my sister Shauna's marriage to Rob.  They are the cutest couple--and so lovey-dovey!  By the way, Shauna is an amazing singer, and Rob is an amazing pianist, and I'm hoping they'll collaborate on a recording project soon!  My sister-in-law, Kasi was the photographer for the event, so for this post, I've hijacked a few photos (like this one) that she has posted to the internet and mixed them with a few that I took.  I can't wait until I get more of Kasi's pics!



Here is a picture that Dave took of Ellie and I at the reception.  It was such a relaxing event!  Good company, yummy food, and to-die-for-desserts made by my very talented sister Hannah. 



Ellie had a blast!  Ellie couldn't get enough of playing with the beautiful bride, aunts, uncles, and especially cousins!  She played so cute with Samara--and they looked like twinners in their pink seersucker dresses!  Her older cousins, Alyssa and Katie, were so good to help take care of Ellie!  I wish they lived closer so they could come babysit for me!



We missed having my brother Nathan there (he's on a mission in Mexico) but we videotaped the festivities and found a funny way to include him in our family photos.  (Look towards the top right of the picture:)


 
It was Andrew and Tatiana's 1 year anniversary!  Aren't they cute!  Oh, to be young again.



My mom made us all quilts for our early Christmas present this year.  Aren't they amazing?



We got ours when we visited Merced a few weeks ago:




Before the festivities began, we went to Lowell Lake where my family went boating.  Ellie waded in the water, and sat in the squishy wet sand and played. Isn't this an adorable shot!  Thanks Kasi!




Oh, and she LOVED the cute doggies.  Nicole's Cleo made Ellie laugh like I've never heard her laugh before!  So sweet! 




Ellie took her first airplane ride on the way to Idaho. It was just Ellie and I, so it was a challenge to get through the airport with all of our gear, but we did it!  She did relatively well on the plane--considering the turbulance, but I'm thinking we'll wait a while before we try that again.  Dave drove up for the reception and we all drove back together.  She did super on the car ride home!  Phew!



To my family:  I love you!  I wish we could have stayed longer on Sunday to hear the music and see all the quilts together.  I can't wait to see you all again!  Thank you for being so sweet to Ellie!  She loves you guys already!  Shauna and Rob, thanks for your hospitality!  You two are awesome and deserve every happiness!

1 comment:

  1. Jenny, I love how your family pics turned out...I will email them to you!

    ReplyDelete