Sunday, August 1, 2010

Eliana is 8 months old

Baby Update:

Little Ellie is fast becoming a big girl.  It is so fun to see her crawl across the floor--ignoring all of her toys along the way--to get to any piece of furniture that she can pull herself up on!


Music Tip:

Being a musician, I've naturally wanted to share my love of music with Ellie from the very start.  When she was in the NICU, I could only hold her for brief periods of time.  I would sit by her bed and sing to her, so she could at least know me by my voice.  It was December, so I sang Christmas carols, along with lullabyes and primary songs.  I've been singing to her every day since.

Here are some of the songs that I sing to her on a daily basis:

You Are My Sunshine
We Love You, Conrad (Changed to I Love You, Ellie.)
Skinnamarink
Handel's Hallelujah Chorus (Changed to Eliana instead of Hallelujah. Is that sacriligious?)

Frog In the Middle
Rubber Ducky
I Am A Child Of God
Twinkle, Twinkle
Rockabye, Baby
Lullabye and Goodnight

Why sing to your little one?  Kidshealth.org says:

“Children who grow up hearing music, singing songs, and moving to the beat are enjoying what experts call "a rich sensory environment." That's just a fancy way of saying a child is exposed to a wide variety of tastes, smells, textures, colors, and sounds. And kids who enjoy such a rich environment do more than have fun. Researchers believe they forge more pathways between the cells in their brains.”


 So, don't be shy! Have fun with your little one and sing to them!

No comments:

Post a Comment