Tuesday, August 3, 2010

I'm on the top of the world

This is the view from our back porch swing.  Pretty, huh?
This July was the hottest July on record here in Mesquite!  The average temperature, including both day and night, was 96.7 degrees.  Ellie and I like to swing on our back porch early in the morning, so that we can enjoy being outdoors before it gets too hot.  We swing, sing songs about morning and nature, watch for birdies, and enjoy each others' company.

Our favorite morning songs:

I'm on the Top of the World (Carpenters--thanks, Mom)
What a Wonderful World (Louis Armstrong)
Whenever I Hear the Song of a Bird (Primary)
I Love the Mountains (Camp Song)
Way Up in the Sky, Where the Little Birds Fly (Grandma)
Good Morning Merry Sunshine (Mom)    
Oh What A Beautiful Morning (Oklahoma)

This is Dave's garden. Can you believe this will grow in Mesquite?!

1 comment: