Monday, April 4, 2011

Finally toddling all over at 16 months!

As Ellie's latest prescription of antibiotics kicked in, Ellie has felt good enough to work on her walking skills again. She still falls down fairly often, but for the last week and a half, she's finally started toddling all over!

When walking was just a novelty--and she only walked when Dave and I were on the floor holding our arms out in encouragement--she thought it was hilarious when she lost her balance and fell down. Nowadays she gets really mad when she loses her balance and falls. She hits the floor and bites the carpet. We've never seen her get so frustrated with herself before! But she's working really hard at trying to step over small obstacles without losing her balance. So hopefully she'll be running around the house like a pro soon. (Wait--did I really just wish for that?)

I can't get used to seeing her walking! My little baby isn't a little baby anymore! She is a cute, cuddly, courageous, curious, cantankerous little toddler, and I love her more every day!


1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad to hear Ellie is feeling better and so excited that she's walking more! Yay for her!! She looks so big. I can't believe how long her hair is. Sure miss you guys.

    ReplyDelete